Here's a new twist on the classic Reuben sandwich. The filling is easy to prepare and keeps well in the fridge. Add a salad and dessert, and you have a delicious brunch.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3/4 pound finely chopped corned beef (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 30 slices rye bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce, mustard and horseradish. Stir in sauerkraut, corned beef and Swiss cheese.
- Spread 1/3 cup on 15 slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Lightly butter the outsides of bread. Toast sandwiches on a hot griddle for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Deli Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p83
Reviews for Reuben Deli Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2011
"This is one of my fav reubens and my children even love it. I do prefer fresh horseradish though because I really like some extra kick."
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2008
"BEST EVER from any resturant"