Reuben Crescent Bake Recipe
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound sliced Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds sliced deli corned beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Layer with half of the cheese and all of the corned beef. Combine sauerkraut and salad dressing; spread over beef. Top with remaining cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, press or roll second tube of crescent dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over cheese. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake 12-16 minutes or until heated through and crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Reuben Crescent Bake(26)
Sort By :
Loved this recipe. Will try it without the top crust next time as the dough is a little sweet. Also, I didn't rinse the sauerkraut. We like the tangy taste.
I make this recipe for twenty elderly residents at an assisted living facility. Many of the residents like it very much! I leave the top crust off. It's a delicious and quick meal to fix! I'm always searching for those kind of recipes! -Thank you!
This was so good!!!!!! Huge hit in our house! Will make again!
I only used the bottom layer of crescent rolls and I also added a cup of thousand islands and drizzled on top upon serving and it was amazing. Used about 1/2 lb of boars head corned beef and 3/4 lb of swiss cheese since we love cheese!!!! I would say the key is more dressing less bread :)
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe, though my husband felt he would like it to be more saucy. Next time I will just add a bit more dressing.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >