Reuben Chowder with Horseradish Recipe
This dish contains all of your favorite Reuben sandwich ingredients in a delicious soup. If you don't have bread, simply cut the Swiss cheese into strips and place it on the broth.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 5 ounces deli corned beef, chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 slices rye bread, cubed
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the vegetable and beef broth to a boil; stir in the horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and celery salt. Add the corned beef, sauerkraut and onion. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Ladle soup into four ovenproof bowls; top with bread cubes and Swiss cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 263 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 2,207 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Reuben Chowder with Horseradish
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC