- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 5 ounces deli corned beef, chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 slices rye bread, cubed
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the vegetable and beef broth to a boil; stir in the horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and celery salt. Add the corned beef, sauerkraut and onion. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into four ovenproof bowls; top with bread cubes and Swiss cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Chowder in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p59
Reviews for Reuben Chowder with Horseradish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review