Reuben Chowder Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 slices rye bread
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 pound deli corned beef, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Butter bread on both sides; cube. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, sauerkraut and corned beef; cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Add cheese; stir until melted. Top with croutons. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Reuben Chowder
Sort By :
"Absolutely wonderful. I will take a suggestion to make some rye croutons to sprinkle over. Can't wait to take this to our St. Paddy's soup supper."
"Very yummy and easy to make soup."
"This is an excellent, easy soup. I take it to school on luncheon days and would be in trouble if I didn't. I have substituted Nacho fiesta soup with great results."
"At first I wasn't sure about how this would taste, but it was a pleasant surprise! I substituted Cream of Chicken soup instead of Cream of Mushroom, and added some horseradish at serving...this is a great fall replacement to Reuben Sandwiches!"
"An update: It seems that Target stores now carry the Nacho Cheese soup in the MD area."