With just four ingredients and little preparation time, this rich and cheesy main dish couldn't be easier. My family prefers it to traditional Reuben sandwiches made with corned beef.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Pound chicken between two pieces of waxed paper to flatten. Place in
- a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon salad dressing over
- chicken; cover with sauerkraut. Cover and bake 350° for 30
- minutes. Uncover; top with cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or
- until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 371 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 945 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now