I came across this recipe 25 years ago, and now it's one of my favorites. Sauerkraut, kielbasa and Swiss cheese combine for a creamy, Reuben-style entree. —Sally Mangel, Bradford, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion and mustard; set aside.
- Spread sauerkraut into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Drain noodles; place over sauerkraut. Layer with soup mixture and
- kielbasa; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over
- casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 587 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 2,315 mg sodium,