Reuben Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion and mustard; set aside.
- Spread sauerkraut into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drain noodles; place over sauerkraut. Layer with soup mixture and kielbasa; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Reuben Casserole(4)
Sort By :
I doubled the recipe as I had 4 people eating and it turned out perfect! I thought the combo of the soup an sauerkraut would be weird but it was very, very good.
I have made this twice for my son and myself. I used a whole can of soup, a little more kielbasa and egg noodles. He had several helpings, which is great because he has lately not liked anything I cook! We even ate leftovers another night. A great alternative to the traditional reuben!!
Made this on Monday and it was absolutely delicious!! However, I am not a big fan of cream of mushroom so I substituted it with cream of celery. I did not rinse the sauerkraut, I used the juice and I eliminated the bread crumbs on the top. This was superb...I nice change from other meals & very easy to throw together. He has already said I have to make this again.
A new family favorite. thanks.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >