Reuben Casserole Recipe
- 3 to 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups diced cooked corned beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Warm potatoes slightly to soften them. Place in a bowl with sauerkraut and green onions; mix well. Spoon two-thirds into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover with he corned beef and cheese. Top with remaining potato mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Reuben Casserole(8)
Sort By :
Made this for dinner tonight. Went over very well with the hubby (he actually asked for seconds!!). I also followed some of the reviewers and changed a few things. I used and 8x10 baking dish and added 2 chopped green onions to the mashed potatoes. I layered the sauerkraut on top of the potatoes. Then added the diced corned beef. Poured Russian salad dressing over all (add enough for your taste, I used about 1/3 of a large bottle). Then added my own shredded swiss cheese. I used 7 ounces (Cracker Barrel Baby Swiss) since we LOVE cheese in this house. Topped off with crumbled toasted rye bread (I used gluten free bread since I am gluten intolerant). Baked for 30 minutes as directed at 350 degrees. Fabulous!! Easy and not alot of clean up either.
I made it for St. Patrick's day dinner. Everyone enjoyed it.
I was skeptical beause of the mashed potatoes, but this was sooooo good! Will definitely make again!
I layered just like FriedaG and vickkinmyhead said to and it was great. This was a great way to use corned beef.
I didn't really care for this, maybe if I would have cooked the corned beef myself it would have been better but I just bought deli meat and I thought it was pretty salty and processed. I also don't care for swiss cheese so I won't make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >