Reuben Brunch Bake
I created this when I wanted something different for a graduation brunch for two of our sons. When I realized I had most of the ingredients on hand for the Reuben dip I usually make, i decided to use them in a brunch casserole instead! Everyone asked for the recipe.
8-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) deli corned beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices rye bread, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour into a
- greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Toss bread
- crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.