Our Aunt Renee always brought this casserole to family picnics, and it became so popular that she started making two or three to bring. —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 4 cups cubed rye bread (about 6 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked corned beef (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with butter. Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut and 1/2 cup cheese; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In same bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salad dressing, mustard and pepper; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Bread Pudding in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Reuben Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2015
"I love the taste of a Reuben sandwich so I looked forward to making this. I made this exactly as the recipe stated. It was amazing. Great taste! Very easy to make. This is a keeper."
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2015
"This is quick and delicious!"