Our Aunt Renee always brought this casserole to family picnics, and it became so popular that she started making two or three to bring. —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 4 cups cubed rye bread (about 6 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked corned beef (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with butter. Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut and 1/2 cup cheese; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In same bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salad dressing, mustard and pepper; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Bread Pudding in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Reuben Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2015
"This is quick and delicious!"