Reuben Braids Recipe
I came up with this recipe as a way to make a sandwich feed a large group at once. The braid design always impresses the guests at our parties. —Kellie Mulleavy, Lambertville, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 6 ounces cooked corned beef brisket, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Unroll one tube of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; seal seams and perforations.
- 2. Spread half of corned beef filling down center of rectangle. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips to within 1 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and filling. Brush egg white over braids; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes before cutting into slices. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings each).
1 piece equals 195 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC