Reuben Braids Recipe
- 6 ounces cooked corned beef brisket, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Unroll one tube of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; seal seams and perforations.
- Spread half of corned beef filling down center of rectangle. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips to within 1 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and filling. Brush egg white over braids; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes before cutting into slices. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings each).
Reviews for Reuben Braids(14)
Sort By :
Delicious and super easy to make! My family loved it and I will definitely make this again.
I was unable to figure out how to put this together and make the braids I wish there was a video to show how ....other than that is was very good
i tried this and whipped up a sour cream, whole grain dijon mustard and tarragon dipping sauce! yum!
WOW! What a tasty bread... 1 2 lb corn beef yields 5 loaves. I was unable to locate a smaller amount so what the heck! The breads are beautiful to look at and enjoyed with a side of Thousand Island dressing you are set. I used black sesame seed versus white and baked the loaves on Parchment paper. This makes the sticky dough easier to handle and clean up is a wiz! :B>)
This recipe is wonderful! It was delicious and I doubt I will ever make a regular reuben sandwich again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Irish Appetizers >
- Irish Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >