I have served this recipe to people visiting the U.S. from all over the world and to dear friends, family and neighbors. It is enjoyed and raved about by all. It makes an excellent main dish for a Christmas feast. —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. In a small bowl, mix salt, garlic powder, rosemary, wasabi powder, butter, pepper and herbes de Provence; pat onto all sides of roast.
- Roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well 145°). Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Restaurant-Style Prime Rib in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p45