- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) active dry yeast
- 1-1/3 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Olive oil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in water. Add butter, shortening, salt and 2 cups flour; mix until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Brush with oil.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Spread spaghetti sauce over crust. Top with beef and cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Restaurant-Style Pizza in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p268
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Restaurant-Style Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2009
"I've been experimenting with different style pizza doughs, and so far this is my family's favorite."