Remembrance Strawberry Pie
This recipe is quick and easy. I found it years ago, but didn't use it until I started raising my own strawberries. Once the berries ripen in spring, I always make this pie to take to church dinners. It's really popular!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 2 pints stemmed strawberries, halved
- One 9-inch baked pie shell
- Whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and water in saucepan; stir constantly, cooking
- until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour over strawberry halves; mix well. Pour into pie shell;
- refrigerate until set. Top with whipped cream or topping. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 269 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.