This recipe is quick and easy. I found it years ago, but didn't use it until I started raising my own strawberries. Once the berries ripen in spring, I always make this pie to take to church dinners. It's really popular!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 2 pints stemmed strawberries, halved
- One 9-inch baked pie shell
- Whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and water in saucepan; stir constantly, cooking until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour over strawberry halves; mix well. Pour into pie shell; refrigerate until set. Top with whipped cream or topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Remembrance Strawberry Pie in Country Extra May 1990, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Remembrance Strawberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review