Remembrance Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 2 pints stemmed strawberries, halved
- One 9-inch baked pie shell
- Whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and water in saucepan; stir constantly, cooking until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour over strawberry halves; mix well. Pour into pie shell; refrigerate until set. Top with whipped cream or topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Remembrance Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
"Best strawberry pie I have even made, it is simple and tastes great. I used 1 1/2 lbs. of strawberries and it was perfect for the amount of gelatin and sugar. Next time I may add a few blueberries for an additional pop of color."
"Every Strawberry pie recipe I have ever tried contains a whole pack of gelatin, too little water and 1?4 cup of cornstarch and it is like eating strawberry paste, I want something that just coats the berries!"
"This pie was tasty, but it never set. I would try a different recipe next time."
"I originally found this recipe in Country Woman magazine (probably named by one of its earlier names) back in the early 1990s or maybe even the 1980s. Everyone I have ever served it to absolutely loves it. It is extremely quick and easy and delicious! "
"This is the best strawberry pie I have ever eaten. Everyone who tries it loves it."