Remembrance Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 2 pints stemmed strawberries, halved
- One 9-inch baked pie shell
- Whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and water in saucepan; stir constantly, cooking until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour over strawberry halves; mix well. Pour into pie shell; refrigerate until set. Top with whipped cream or topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Remembrance Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
Best strawberry pie I have even made, it is simple and tastes great. I used 1 1/2 lbs. of strawberries and it was perfect for the amount of gelatin and sugar. Next time I may add a few blueberries for an additional pop of color.
Every Strawberry pie recipe I have ever tried contains a whole pack of gelatin, too little water and 1?4 cup of cornstarch and it is like eating strawberry paste, I want something that just coats the berries!
This pie was tasty, but it never set. I would try a different recipe next time.
This is the best strawberry pie I have ever eaten. Everyone who tries it loves it.