“I got this recipe from my mother years ago, and my own kids and grandkids love it,” writes Wanda Zacher from Oroville, Washington. “Now, I often double the ingredients and take it along on family picnics.” TIP: This spread also tastes great on crisp celery sticks.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Additional chives, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and ketchup until smooth. Add the relish, chives, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with additional chives if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2/3 cup.
Originally published as Relish Cheese Spread in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p56
Reviews for Relish Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2010
"I made this super quick for a "hurry up. company is coming" appetizer. I will be saving this one for future use."
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2009
"I substituted 1/2 t. of grated onion for the chives, and it tasted just fine."