Reindeer Treats Recipe
You'll hardly be able to rein folks in once they see these crispy critters! CT's cooks hurried the herd together using a sweetened mix of chocolate, rice cereal and peanut butter, then designed deer with pretzels and candies.
- 6 cups chocolate-flavored crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 40 miniature pretzels, halved
- 80 miniature peanut butter candies
- 40 red-hot candies
- 1. Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Pour over cereal and stir until coated.
- 2. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand until set. Place two pretzel halves in each ball for antlers. Position two peanut butter candies on each for eyes and one red-hot for nose. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 351 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Reindeer Treats
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC