- 6 cups chocolate-flavored crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 40 miniature pretzels, halved
- 80 miniature peanut butter candies
- 40 red-hot candies
- Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Pour over cereal and stir until coated.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand until set. Place two pretzel halves in each ball for antlers. Position two peanut butter candies on each for eyes and one red-hot for nose. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Reindeer Treats in Country Woman July/August 2001, p19
Reviews for Reindeer Treats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review