Reindeer Cookies Recipe
This is one cookie recipe I especially enjoy making. My grandchildren love the graham cracker taste and the cute reindeer shape. I like that they're so quick and easy to assemble!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 6 whole graham crackers, halved
- 24 milk chocolate chips
- 12 red-hot candies
- 12 miniature pretzels
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar, vanilla and enough cream to reach a spreading consistency; cover and set aside. Using a serrated knife and a gentle sawing motion, cut graham crackers diagonally in half, forming two triangles.
- 2. Frost one triangle. With frosted triangle on bottom, overlap triangles so the shortest side of unfrosted triangle runs along the longest cut edge of frosted triangle; match smallest points of crackers to form the nose. The remaining narrow points of both crackers from the ears (see photo below).
- 3. Frost top cracker. Gently press on chocolate chip eyes and a red-hot nose. Using the serrated knife and a gentle sawing motion, cut pretzels in half to form antlers; press onto ears. Place on wire rack until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 108 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC