This is one cookie recipe I especially enjoy making. My grandchildren love the graham cracker taste and the cute reindeer shape. I like that they're so quick and easy to assemble!
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 6 whole graham crackers, halved
- 24 milk chocolate chips
- 12 red-hot candies
- 12 miniature pretzels
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, vanilla and enough cream to reach a spreading consistency; cover and set aside. Using a serrated knife and a gentle sawing motion, cut graham crackers diagonally in half, forming two triangles.
- Frost one triangle. With frosted triangle on bottom, overlap triangles so the shortest side of unfrosted triangle runs along the longest cut edge of frosted triangle; match smallest points of crackers to form the nose. The remaining narrow points of both crackers from the ears (see photo below).
- Frost top cracker. Gently press on chocolate chip eyes and a red-hot nose. Using the serrated knife and a gentle sawing motion, cut pretzels in half to form antlers; press onto ears. Place on wire rack until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Reindeer Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p27
Reviews for Reindeer Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2010
"I actually had to cut a postit pad paper in half to see what they were talking about in this recipe. A diagram of how to cut and invert the pieces might help more people try this recipe."