My son, Jeremy, is 36 but acts as if he's 5 when he sees these brownies—I've been making them for more than 30 years! My daughter, Jayme, and my four grandchildren love them, too. If you're short on time, a boxed mix works just fine. —Jeannine Schneider, Fremont, California
Featured In: Reindeer Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 48 candy eyeballs
- 24 red-hot candies
- 48 miniature pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended; stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually stir in flour; spread into prepared pan. Bake until edges begin to pull from sides of pan, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pan. Spread frosting over top. Cut into 12 squares; cut each square into a triangle. Attach candies and pretzels to make reindeer faces. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Reindeer Brownies in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews forReindeer Brownies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2013
"I made these with my kindergarten class. They came out adorable and delicious!!"
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2013
"Delicious and adorable!"