Reindeer Brownies Recipe
My son, Jeremy, is 36 but acts as if he's 5 when he sees these brownies—I've been making them for more than 30 years! My daughter, Jayme, and my four grandchildren love them, too. If you're short on time, a boxed mix works just fine. —Jeannine Schneider, Fremont, California
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 48 candy eyeballs
- 24 red-hot candies
- 48 miniature pretzels
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended; stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually stir in flour; spread into prepared pan. Bake until edges begin to pull from sides of pan, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 3. Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pan. Spread frosting over top. Cut into 12 squares; cut each squares into a triangle. Attach candies and pretzels to make reindeer faces. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Reindeer Brownies
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2013
"I made these with my kindergarten class. They came out adorable and delicious!!"
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2013
"Delicious and adorable!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC