My son, Jeremy, is 36 but acts as if he's 5 when he sees these brownies—I've been making them for more than 30 years! My daughter, Jayme, and my four grandchildren love them, too. If you're short on time, a boxed mix works just fine. —Jeannine Schneider, Fremont, California
18 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 48 candy eyeballs
- 24 red-hot candies
- 48 miniature pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil,
- letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt
- butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt. Stir in vanilla and
- chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour, mixing well.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until brownie begins
- to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on a wire
- Lifting with foil, remove brownie from pan. Spread frosting over top.
- Cut into 12 squares; cut squares into triangles. Attach candies and
- pretzels to make reindeer faces. Yield: 2 dozen.