Reindeer Bites Recipe
Fruitcake finds its way into a cookie for a new tasty treat. You'll be reaching for this recipe year after year! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied cherries
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 12 red candied cherries, halved
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, apricots, cranberries and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool to room temperature; stir in the pecans, cherries and nutmeg.
- 2. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, combine dough and fruit mixture.
- 3. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cookies. Top each with a candied cherry piece. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 104 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC