Fruitcake finds its way into a cookie for a new tasty treat. You'll be reaching for this recipe year after year! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied cherries
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 12 red candied cherries, halved
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, apricots, cranberries and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool to room temperature; stir in the pecans, cherries and nutmeg.
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, combine dough and fruit mixture.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cookies. Top each with a candied cherry piece. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Reindeer Bites in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p53
Reviews for Reindeer Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review