I use this dough as a substitute in recipes that call for frozen bread dough. I like to make things from scratch, including rolls.Nick Welty, Smithville, Ohio
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-3/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add eggs, sugar, butter,
- salt and 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining
- flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead
- until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased
- bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
- or up to 2 days.
- Punch dough down and divide in half; shape each portion into 12
- rolls. Place in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let
- rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.