"These pickles are some of the best I have ever eaten. They're so good and easy to make that you'll want to keep them on hand all the time. My in-laws send over produce just so I'll make more!" —Loy Jones Anniston, Alabama
- 3 cups sliced peeled cucumbers
- 3 cups sliced peeled yellow summer squash
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- Place the cucumbers, squash and onions in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Refrigerator Pickles in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p47
Reviews for Refrigerator Pickles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review