"These pickles are some of the best I have ever eaten. They're so good and easy to make that you'll want to keep them on hand all the time. My in-laws send over produce just so I'll make more!"
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 cups sliced peeled cucumbers
- 3 cups sliced peeled yellow summer squash
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- Place the cucumbers, squash and onions in a large bowl; set aside. In
- a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Cook and stir just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over
- cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Serve with a
- slotted spoon. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 43 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.