Refrigerator Pickles Recipe
- 3 cups sliced peeled cucumbers
- 3 cups sliced peeled yellow summer squash
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- Place the cucumbers, squash and onions in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Refrigerator Pickles
Sort By :
What a great way to use some of the numerous cucumbers from my garden! This recipe was easy to make, with ingredients I had on hand. I only used 2/3 cup sugar, used all cucumbers, no squash, and didn't peel the cucumbers. The pickles turned out great! I gave some to friends, who quickly asked for the recipe -- new Taste of Home fans!
The only reason I am giving this 4 stars is that it is a bit too sweet for me. I think the next time I will cut the sugar down by half. Otherwise, this is a very simple way to enjoy cucumbers!
These were ok. Something seemed to be missing flavor-wise compared to the other pickle recipes I make. I will say it is a great, fast way to use up my overabundant summer squash supply.
Made these the last few summers. Very good. I also canned them this year for latter.
Family Favorite!!! Just finished making 6 quarts --- they won't last the weekend!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Pickles & Relishes Recipes >