- 38 ladyfingers, split
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup lime juice, chilled
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberry and lime slices, optional
- Arrange 22 split ladyfingers around the edges and 16 split ladyfingers on the bottom of an ungreased 8-in. springform pan; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold lime juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in the melted chocolate, lime peel and gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with strawberry and lime slices if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Refrigerator Lime Cheesecake
"We were able to produce a cake that looked just like the picture made according to the recipe as written! This cake looked adorable and was very tasty with a slightly lime flavor - enough to tell it is lime but not an "in your face" lime . While we really enjoyed the cake as made according to the recipe, we will make changes the next time we make the cake: 1) We couldn't taste the white chocolate and really can't see a need for it. Next time, we will omit the white chocolate. 2) The taste and texture of cream cheese is really strong even with the addition of whipped cream. Next time, instead of 2 pkgs of cream cheese, we will mix 8 oz. cream cheese with sour cream or yogurt and mascarpone to equal 16 oz. of cheese. 3) We will immediately dredge the candied lime slices in extra fine granulated sugar rather than wait until they have cooled. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thank you!"
"This cheesecake is great. I have a hard time finding ladyfingers, so I use almond cookies."
"I made this for fathers day dinner and we all really liked it. I didn't put the limes on top but it was still very pretty and yummy!"
"I made this cake for a Ladies Brunch and everyone liked it.In the center I placed 1 slice of lime surrounded by slices of strawberries,it looked like a flower.It is pretty to look at and delicious.I will be making it again."
"Not a rating because I haven't tried it yet. Sounds good though. How about candying the lime slices? You would still get the benefit of the pretty garnish but with a more pleasing taste."