Refrigerator Lime Cheesecake Recipe
- 38 ladyfingers, split
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup lime juice, chilled
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberry and lime slices, optional
- Arrange 22 split ladyfingers around the edges and 16 split ladyfingers on the bottom of an ungreased 8-in. springform pan; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold lime juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in the melted chocolate, lime peel and gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with strawberry and lime slices if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Refrigerator Lime Cheesecake(6)
Sort By :
I made this for fathers day dinner and we all really liked it. I didn't put the limes on top but it was still very pretty and yummy!
I made this cake for a Ladies Brunch and everyone liked it.In the center I placed 1 slice of lime surrounded by slices of strawberries,it looked like a flower.It is pretty to look at and delicious.I will be making it again.
Not a rating because I haven't tried it yet. Sounds good though. How about candying the lime slices? You would still get the benefit of the pretty garnish but with a more pleasing taste.
The cake was fine, but the lime slices on top had to be removed prior to slicing. They looked pretty thou one could not expect to be eating a sour piece of lime (since you listed them as optional). Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
I have had this recipe for a long time. It is a great recipe and does not take long to make. I have made this with dream whip or cool whip and it still tastes great. For the decorations on top I take a few strawberries dipped in white chocolate and leave the green tops on with a couple of twisted lemon slices. Looks terrific as well as tastes great. This recipe is a old Kraft recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Lime Cheesecakes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >