I’m passionate about making pickles. My husband is passionate about eating them. He's too impatient to let them cure on the shelf, so I found this quick recipe to make him happy. Add hotter peppers if you like. —Annie Jensen, Roseau, Minnesota
Featured In: 22 Pickled Recipes
- 3 pounds pickling cucumbers (about 12)
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canning salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Cut each cucumber lengthwise into four spears. In a very large bowl, combine cucumbers, onion, dill, jalapenos and garlic. In a large saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir just until salt and sugar are dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Yield: about 4 dozen pickle spears.
Originally published as Refrigerator Jalapeno Dill Pickles in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Refrigerator Jalapeno Dill Pickles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2015
"These were fantastic and so easy to make! I used dried dill weed in place of fresh."
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2015
"These were great! My whole family (and friends & neighbors) loved them and they were so simple to make!"