Refrigerator Garden Pickles Recipe
Canning isn't necessary for these crisp-tender, tangy pickles. Keep them in the fridge and eat them up within a month. —Linda Chapman, Meriden, Iowa
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup celery seed
- 1/4 cup mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons canning salt
- 10 medium carrots, halved and quartered
- 3 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Meanwhile, place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Pour hot liquid over vegetables; cool. Transfer to jars, if desired; cover tightly. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Yield: 7 pints.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC