Refrigerator Garden Pickles Recipe
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup celery seed
- 1/4 cup mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons canning salt
- 10 medium carrots, halved and quartered
- 3 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Meanwhile, place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour hot liquid over vegetables; cool. Transfer to jars, if desired; cover tightly. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Yield: 7 pints.
Reviews for Refrigerator Garden Pickles(3)
Sort By :
This was easy and everyone loved them will make over and over again
This is so yummy! Great for eating alone, topping burgers, hot dogs, you name it! One of our church cookbooks has the same recipe in it. I figured the veggies would soak up more of the liquid than it did so we saved the liquid & are going to make this again, since its a lot of sugar. Just re-boil it & immerse veggies again. Next time, we want to add more cucumbers & less of some of the other veggies. Because there's so much liquid, you probably could add more veggies than recipe calls for.
i make a very similar pickle with lots of sliced hot peppers, whole garlic to taste. the sweet hot combo is very good