Refrigerator Cucumber Slices Recipe
My family can never get enough of these sweet cucumber slices in the summer. They're crunchy, delicious and simple to make. At picnics or potlucks, I bring a big batch - folks tend to come back for more.—Denise Baumert, Dalhart, Texas
- 4 pounds cucumbers (about 6 large), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium onions, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons canning/pickling salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1. In a large container, combine cucumbers and onions. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Pour over cucumber mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. May be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC