My family can never get enough of these sweet cucumber slices in the summer. They're crunchy, delicious and simple to make. At picnics or potlucks, I bring a big batch - folks tend to come back for more.—Denise Baumert, Dalhart, Texas
- 4 pounds cucumbers (about 6 large), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium onions, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons canning/pickling salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- In a large container, combine cucumbers and onions. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. May be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Refrigerator Cucumber Slices in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p33
Reviews for Refrigerator Cucumber Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review