Refrigerator Cookies Recipe
"During the holidays, I usually keep at least two rolls of this cookie dough in my freezer in case I need something special in a hurry," writes Dottie Gray of Bartlett, Tennessee.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Fold in the cherries and pecans. Shape dough into two 8-in. x 2-in. rolls; wrap in waxed paper and freeze.
- 2. To use frozen dough: Unwrap and let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 103 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC