Refrigerator Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Fold in the cherries and pecans. Shape dough into two 8-in. x 2-in. rolls; wrap in waxed paper and freeze.
- 2. To use frozen dough: Unwrap and let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
2 each: 103 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Refrigerator Cookies
"I have used this recipe for three years and absolutely love it. The only change I make to it is that instead of candied cherries I use dried cherries. Friends and family love it because they are not overly sweet. However, I have never gotten more then 4 -5 dozen cookies, usually only 4. Not a complaint, merely an observation! Love them!"