Refrigerator Bran Muffins
"WHEN I TOLD THEM I was submitting some church-supper recipes, everyone in the family said I should be sure to send along this one."
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups (10 ounces) bran flakes with raisins
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk, oil and sugar. Stir in cereal
- and raisins. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; add to egg
- mixture. Stir just until all ingredients are moistened. If desired,
- store batter, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. To
- bake, gently stir batter; fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve
- warm. (All of the batter does not need to be baked at once.)
- Yield: about 3 dozen.
If Cooking for Two: Bake muffins and freeze to enjoy months later.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.