Refried Bean Tostadas Recipe
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans, warmed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1. In a large ungreased skillet, cook tortillas for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add salsa and corn; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Spread refried beans over each tortilla; top with lettuce, salsa mixture, cheese, avocados, tomatoes and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 588 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1250mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 12g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Refried Bean Tostadas
"This was really good! The textures were wonderful together. I would definitely make this again."
"DELICIOUS! This recipe was fantastic and my family liked it better than the traditional tostada with beef or chicken on them. I'm vegan so I used vegan cheese instead and left out the sour cream. I also added some chopped onion to the mushroom and zucchini. It will be making this recipe over and over again."