Refried Bean Tostadas Recipe
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans, warmed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1. In a large ungreased skillet, cook tortillas for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add salsa and corn; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Spread refried beans over each tortilla; top with lettuce, salsa mixture, cheese, avocados, tomatoes and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 tostada equals 588 calories, 31 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,250 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Refried Bean Tostadas
"This was really good! The textures were wonderful together. I would definitely make this again."
"DELICIOUS! This recipe was fantastic and my family liked it better than the traditional tostada with beef or chicken on them. I'm vegan so I used vegan cheese instead and left out the sour cream. I also added some chopped onion to the mushroom and zucchini. It will be making this recipe over and over again."