Refried Bean-Taco Pizza Recipe
When I’m in a rush, I take advantage of convenient prepared pizza crust to create this Mexican-style pizza. If you like it spicy, add a little chopped jalapeno pepper to the skillet when cooking the beef.—Mary Detweiler, Middlefield, Ohio
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 taco shells, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with refried beans. Top with the beef mixture, taco shells and cheeses. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 420 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,051 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC