When I’m in a rush, I take advantage of convenient prepared pizza crust to create this Mexican-style pizza. If you like it spicy, add a little chopped jalapeno pepper to the skillet when cooking the beef.—Mary Detweiler, Middlefield, Ohio
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 taco shells, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with refried beans. Top with the beef mixture, taco shells and cheeses. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Refried Bean-Taco Pizza in Taste of Home October 2011, p52
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Refried Bean-Taco Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review