Refried Bean-Taco Pizza Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 taco shells, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with refried beans. Top with the beef mixture, taco shells and cheeses. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Refried Bean-Taco Pizza
Sort By :
This tasted great and was fun to make. We used Nacho flavored tortilla chips, adding a little more flavor. I don't like olives, skipped those. We added some sour cream and salsa after baking also. My husband sprinkled some hot sauce on his as well. Very filling.
We didn't put the fresh cold ingredients on the entire pizza knowing we wouldn't be able to finish the whole thing. That helped to be able to warm it the next day better, and top individual pieces with the cold ingredients. That helps to individualize it for your own taste as well.
Grate, but suggest heating refried beans in microwave to make the spreading easier.
I made two separate pizzas. One with ground beef for me and my husband and the other with vegetarian "crumbles" for my vegetarian daughters and we all were very pleased!
Easy and delicious. I made my own dough in the bread machine. I really enjoyed it!
Such a simple after-work recipe that keeps you out of the restaurant and on-track for your budget. I made it vegetarian by heating up the refried beans and mixing in the taco mix (saute onions seperately). I also used crushed tortilla chips instead of taco shells. 1 slice is filling and it's so tasty!