Refried Bean Pizza Recipe
Instead of tomato sauce, refried beans serve as the base for this Southwestern-style pizza. The cool vegetable toppings complement each oven-fresh bite.— Lydia Ann Lantz, Christiana, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cornmeal. Add water and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 12-in. pizza pan.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. stir in the water, chilies and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 3. Spread beans over crust. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. bake at 400° for 10 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 499 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1440mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Refried Bean Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC