Refried Bean Pizza Recipe
Instead of tomato sauce, refried beans serve as the base for this Southwestern-style pizza. The cool vegetable toppings complement each oven-fresh bite.— Lydia Ann Lantz, Christiana, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cornmeal. Add water and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 12-in. pizza pan.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. stir in the water, chilies and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 3. Spread beans over crust. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. bake at 400° for 10 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 499 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1440mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Refried Bean Pizza
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC