“These yummy meatless bundles are so fast and easy to prepare,” enthuses Carolyn Sykora of Bloomer, Wisconsin. “The recipe, which came from my sister-in-law, is a favorite for both our families.”
- 2 cups vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cottage cheese and 1 cup cheddar cheese; set aside. For sauce, in a large nonstick skillet, whisk the oil, flour, chili powder, garlic powder and salt until smooth. Gradually stir in the water, vinegar and onion. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Dip both sides of each tortilla into sauce. Place about 1/2 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Refried Bean Enchiladas in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p65
Reviews for Refried Bean Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review