Refreshing Tropical Fruit Salad
Want a family-friendly side dish? This colorful medley is kid-pleasing and a great way to encourage healthy eating.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 medium pears, cubed
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium mangos, peeled and cubed
- 2 star fruit, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, pears and juices. Add the
- pineapple, strawberries, grapes, kiwi and mangos; stir gently to
- combine. Arrange star fruit over top. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 120 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.