Refreshing Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
“This recipe’s best with sun-warmed tomatoes and basil fresh from the garden,” says Greta Igl of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. “My husband and I love this so much, we can make a meal of it alone!”
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Brush 2 teaspoons oil over one side of each slice of bread; place bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Rub cut side of garlic over bread.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato, basil, parsley, vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Spoon onto bread; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
2 pieces equals 155 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Refreshing Tomato Bruschetta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC