Refreshing Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Brush 2 teaspoons oil over one side of each slice of bread; place bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Rub cut side of garlic over bread.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato, basil, parsley, vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Spoon onto bread; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 155 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Refreshing Tomato Bruschetta
"I made this recipe to be an appetizer for a romantic dinner with my boyfriend. It went wonderful with Chicken Alfredo, he told me he couldn't wait to have it again!"
"This is nice recipe i will try again"
"the tipic italian "bruschetta""
"I make this all the time and it is utterly delicious. We grow plum tomatoes in the summer specifically for this. It's a delicious little nosh while waiting for supper. A tiny pinch of sugar makes the tomatoes pop."