- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Brush 2 teaspoons oil over one side of each slice of bread; place bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Rub cut side of garlic over bread.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato, basil, parsley, vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Spoon onto bread; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Refreshing Tomato Bruschetta
"This is nice recipe i will try again"
"the tipic italian "bruschetta""
"I make this all the time and it is utterly delicious. We grow plum tomatoes in the summer specifically for this. It's a delicious little nosh while waiting for supper. A tiny pinch of sugar makes the tomatoes pop."