- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Refreshing Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
"Loved It! Added cool whip when serving, But so tasty!"
"I have made this before and it is well received. The peach pie sounds delicious, too."
"Loved it! Wanted to make an easy pie while recuperating from hand surgery. It was so easy and SO delicious. It was great with "grocery store" berries, am eagerly waiting for local, fresh berries. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Will also give it a try with peaches."
"If-it tastes as good as it looks-it will be amazing-however-I did put the gelatin and strawberries in the mix last 1 min??! Thought better to mix in and-soak in better."
"This gets a 5 star rating from my family! It is even requested as a birthday dessert instead of a cake. Cool and refreshing, it works every time."