Refreshing Strawberry Pie
This recipe came from my mother, and it's just as refreshing when made with peaches or blueberries.Michelle Isenhoff, Wayland, Michigan
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes
- longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until
- smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture
- over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 264 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.