Refreshing Shrimp Salad
Avocado, strawberries and shrimp are wonderful together in this very refreshing and light salad. Balsamic or raspberry vinaigrette dressings go well with the salad, as do Asian inspired dressings.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Salad dressing of your choice
- On each of four serving plates, arrange salad greens, shrimp, orange,
- avocado, strawberries and onions. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3 cups (calculated without salad dressing) equals 239 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.